Thursday, October 7, 2010

I love free stuff!

First and foremost I need to send a shout out to my gal pal Alina! Without her, this post would not be possible:) Long story short, Alina knows rich people, and I got a beautiful antique rocking chair for, get this....FREE!!! She needs some work; I'm considering restaining and for sure reupholstering, but for the most part this chair is in great condition.



I love this detail


Although I love the color scheme and the vintage feel of this material I'm definitely looking to replace it. Matt really likes this material though.
So again, thanks Alina!

A couple weeks ago my family got tickets to the circus and Matt and I went with my parents and these cute little kiddos:

Here are a few pictures of the fun night


There were some crazy contortionist acts that I was unable to snap pics of because I couldn't do anything but squirm as I watched them fold in all sorts of freaky positions. I loved the elephants, the tigers and the motorcycle guys driving around in a tiny sphere. Overall it was pretty fun and seeing the kids enjoy it was even better!
More recently life has been good for both matt and I. Matt's band has had a few gigs and they just keep coming up with awesome songs. As soon as they get some decent recordings I'll post links so ya'll can hear them. It's good stuff.
Last piece of good news! Apparently Matt was going to surprise me the night of the show, but he's terrible at keeping secrets. He bought tickets this morning and was able to keep his secret for approximately 3 hours(when he was sleeping), but broke down when he woke up and told me that he got us tickets to see these guys:

AVI BUFFALO!!!!! I know they look like kids, but they're SOOOO talented. If you haven't heard any of their stuff, check out "what's in it for?" on youtube I promise you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! feel free to comment:)