Friday, January 27, 2012

Pillow talk


If I had the time (and money to buy lots of fabric) I'd sew pillow after pillow...after pillow. They're so simple and can bring so much to a room. Here are a few I've recently made:




One day I was rummaging through my fabric pile and pulled out some yellow felt I'd had sitting around for ages (I'm pretty sure we'd used it for a Halloween costume back in '09), found this cute tutorial on Purlbee.com and put myself to work. I didn't follow the tutorial exactly I just went off the design idea. I used whatever fabrics I had and eyeball'd my measurements, but this tutorial has a really nice step-by-step for first time pillow makers.






I really love making fabric flowers for hair accessories so I played with them a little bit and stuck them on a pillow. I made the flowers and then sewed them each on individually. It took a while(I'm not the quickest or best seamstress), so I decided to stop after the 13th one. Yup I'm a quitter, but I personally like my crafting to be fun rather than a painstaking process:) This post over at Sweet Coconut Lime has some great ideas for making your pillows a little more fun with textures and paint!



I'd say my favorite thing about making pillows is that you can make a big impact; without out all of the tedious little flowers and such, by just picking out a fun pattern. I'm currently obsessed with black and white; which my mom often tells me is so boring:) But look at this lovely hounds tooth fabric! I love how fun it is and best of all it was on sale!

I'm most definitely an amateur when it comes to crafting, which is why I love pillows! They're SUPER easy!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

ummmmmmm........... ok, can you make ME some pillows?????

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! feel free to comment:)