Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Vegas

We had such a fun trip! We had a little mishap the first day but were able to make it there and still have a good time. So we're driving to vegas and we have have about 1 hr and 1/2 left before we get there and I start thinking "I can't believe we're going to see eric clapton! I wonder how far our seats are from the stage...I should ask matt to pull our tickets out so we can check...crap." at this point I freak out and ask matt if he grabbed the tickets off of the fridge and he replies with wide eyes and busts out in uncontrollable laughter. no he did not. I was so busy packing all of our stuff the night before and getting the house nice and clean for our return that I managed to forget the whole reason we were going to vegas ugh. Well needless to say I was not happy. I turned the car around only 80 miles away from vegas and tried not to run our car off the road the 340 miles back to our house in salt lake. Luckily I have an amazing husband who was able to make light of the whole situation. He finally got me to the point where I was laughing with him about the whole thing, but he DID make a good point, It wouldn't have been a Crow-cation if something crazy did not happen. Something always happens to us on our trips...oh the memories. now that I'm typing this I can't stop laughing about how dorky we are. Anyway we finally made it to vegas at 3:30 am, crashed and enjoyed the next few days.



Our bed at the hotel was HUGE!



Matt and I super tired from driving all day and night...




But still excited for Eric Clapton!





Saturday we slept in and then walked along the strip until it was time for the concert! it was AMAZING! I still don't think that it has quite hit me yet that I saw Eric Clapton in the flesh with my own two eyes. His keyboardist was unbelievable, he played the most intricate and intense solos! No words can express Eric Clapton's solos and Steve Winwood's vocals. It was definitely a concert that matt and I will never forget. Sunday we walked along the strip some more, went shopping and had dinner at P.F. Changs yummy! we came home monday morning with no set backs thank goodness!




Matt and I trying to look good in 105 degree weather. It was so dang hot!



"Welcome to fabulous Las vegas" sucker



We had lunch at Planet Hollywood one day. Never been there before but it was really yummy. no surprise that the only thing playing was M.J. videos


My favorite place in vegas! the grand canal shoppes at the venetian.



Cool ship at Treasure Island


Matt and I waiting for the concert to start




Our seats weren't as good as our fleetwood mac seats but it was still really cool!



you can see eric a little better in this one, he is right in the middle



The volcano eruption at the Mirage


Eiffel Tower at paris


1 comment:

Nicole said...

yeah!!! Looks like you guys had a blast! And oh, my gosh... i can't believe you were so far and realized you didn't have your tickets!!! What an adventure! that will be something you guys will talk about for years..... :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! feel free to comment:)