Friday, August 12, 2011

The Great Outdoors! (Part 1)

A few weeks ago Matt and I planned a quick little camping trip with my mom, grandma, brothers/sister, and niece and had an awesome time! We camped a couple nights and went swimming. My favorite part of the trip had to of been watching Killer swim in a body of water for the first time. Hilarious I tell you. He looked so cute and pathetic all wet, I wish I had pictures of it. I'm usually pretty good about having the camera in people's faces at our family gatherings, but I guess I was having so much fun that I completely forgot about my camera until the final morning at breakfast, so unfortunately this is all I got...








These two weirdos. Yes. They're wearing cutoff shirts; a big no-no in my book. They're both super sports obsessed/athletes, and think these make them look "cool" and "muscle-y". They haven't said it out loud but I know they're thinking it...










My sweet grandma "Mami Bessy" and I. I love this Lady. When I was a kid I was obsessed with searching all throughout her house for old treasures, and antiques. Now I'm obsessed with hearing her tell me stories about her childhood, and about how she struggled to come to this country to provide the best life for her children; all as a single mother. I heart her. a lot.












My mom and Mami bessy








A couple of the cutest girls I know, lala and lilly(yes I mixed up their names about half of the camping trip. The other half I kept calling lala by my other niece's name, mil mil...). These two had SO much fun together and kept eachother so entertained there was hardly any complaining lol. I think the best part of watching these two interact was seeing how opposite they are. Lilly is very girly girl,"I dont want to get to dirty" where on the other hand I could NOT for the life of me keep Lala away from piles of dirt. At one point I found her playing with a pile of coal ashes because I had banned dirt piles (she had a burn I didn't want to get infected), but not coal. I've NEVER in my entire life met a kid (and I've worked with quite a few kids) that LOVES dirt so much lol! Sill girls, they made the best of friends.







Edward and Gypsy








Moments I wish I could have captured:
* Just ONE picture of Matt and I haha!
*Lala and one of her piles of dirt
*Killer's wet little snout
*One of matt, the boys and myself jumping off the docks into the lake
*Killer jumping off the docks:)
*My ridiculosuly huge mosquito bites! I swear I'm allergic...
**And finally I wish I had a video of my grandma teaching us a game our last night. The game consisted of us standing in a circle, one person yelling (in spanish) something about selling a quart of cooking oil, and then scrambiling around the circle to another spot. I think? Yeah. It made no sense. At one point we were completely confused(actually we were pretty confused the whole time) so we asked my grandma "What's the point of the game? How do you win?" and she said "What do you mean? Nobody wins it's just for fun...". After she said that we all looked at eachother and busted up laughing like no other! I love grandmas...
and camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! feel free to comment:)